Sunday 5 February 2017

The Wonder of Amazon

(2016)

Summary: Critique of www.amazon.co.uk.

At about 17:15, on Friday, 23 December , I received a telephone call from yourselves regarding an arbitrary LOVEFiLM Rental List item-limit.

I was told your computer system could not handle more than 1,000 list-items, despite my account having been over this limit since at least . This raises five questions:

  1. Does this limit apply to my entire account (6594) or just to each of my eight lists: General (998), Favorites (999), Adult (998), Best (999), Overspill 1 (998), Overspill 2 (645), Overspill 3 (403) and Overspill 4 (554)?
  2. Why does your system allow customers to create lists larger than can be handled?
  3. Why are there no written notifications of such list-limits in your online Help?
  4. When was this limit introduced? &,
  5. Why was this limit introduced?

If there is a means of e-mailing list back-ups to me, I would be more than happy to reduce this list/these lists to any limit you specify.

In the meantime, I have created four more item-lists that do not exceed your limits, in the hope that this might resolve the matter.

No comments: